Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SMS and Education

We are working with WordSmart to deliver "Word of the Day".


"For teens and adults alike, text messages are the most convenient method to receive their 'Word of the Day'." told us WordSmart's Director of eMarketing, Kirk Mackay.


My fearless leader (our CEO), made me sign up for the service. He hopes that my vocabulary will finaly increase past Basic, Cobol and C#. (We love you Steve)


Joking aside, text messaging is being used on campuses all over the United States. MESSAGEbuzz has worked with education organizations before. Campaigns for USC and Neosho County Community College has shown that text messaging can be a powerful communication tool in the student communities.


Now, Cy-nap is hosting a one day conference 27th March at Leeds University focussing on the uses of SMS in the Education sector in the UK.
The conference is designed as a showcase for creative uses of SMS.

When I asked if I could attend, my fearless leader told me that with my limited vocabulary, they would throw me off a campus.


I am reading Wordsmart's word of the day and hoping that I will be able to go next year. - Klem




No comments: