Monday, February 9, 2009

Dual SIM cards phone explanation below, but first, take a look at this toy.... Kal prefers my old phones

Toddler toy mimics text messaging: LeapFrog unveiled a new smart phone toy called Text & Learn, allow small children to mimic their BlackBerry-addicted parents.

Text & Learn, which is scheduled to arrive in U.S. stores this summer, is modeled after a personal digital assistant and allows children to practice spelling and computer skills with games that emulate text messaging, the New York Daily News reported Wednesday.

Some of you asked me about dual SIM cards phones and why I was so excited about them.

Based on your carrier and phone, you should be able to use your cell phone outside the US. For instance, in London, my ATT phone gets connected to local Voda phone network. So far, so good.

However, whenever I call a local number I am actually paying international charges. Same is in reverse; if I call my number from a local phone I would again, be paying international chargers.

So, with secondary SIM card, and that can be bought in most grocery stores, I receive a local number and can use secondary card to make and receive local calls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buying memory cards is such a time consuming process... You have to Google prices, filter through which ones are legit, visit a bunch of electronics shops,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then fervently pray that the price doesn't fall in the next month or so.

I've been done in by some ridiculous price drops in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD for my DS flashcard at what was apparently a steal, only to later see that it had dropped $5 in a week.

(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://does-the-r4-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds.onsugar.com/Does-R4i-R4-actually-work-7232282]R4i SDHC[/url] NETP)